Friday 1 February 2013

today i want... zara leopard two tone coat



Zara leopard print and colour block coat / £59.99 (reduced from £129)

I've wanted this coat ever since I first saw it on Caroline Blomst (above) back in November, but the price was a little steep so I've been gradually watching it drop in the sales. It's now less than half price, but I'm still hesitating. The thing is, in the spirit of my new motto (buy less, buy better), I'm a little worried that it might be too much of a "trend" item which I'll only wear for a few weeks (by the way I decided against the gold wedges - too garish in real life). Of course the problem is it's always impossible to tell the longevity of an item until after you've decided whether or not to keep it... On the one hand leopard print is pretty perennial as far as trends go, but the colour blocking is a little more debatable. On the other hand it is undeniably beautiful, which I was reminded of when I saw it on Catherine aka notdressedaslamb, who I met the other night. So, what do you think? Is it worthy of my investment or one to leave on the sales rack?

Follow me on
bloglovin'
facebook
twitter
pinterest

Share:

8 comments

  1. hi. I just checked and the sale is still on and the coat is still there... Oh the fashion dilemmas! i so sympathise!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks for letting me know! The link stopped working so I thought it had gone, but I've found the new link and updated it :)

      Delete
  2. Although I dont like leopard print, I think you should get it. Because you ve been admiring it for such a long time and the quality is quite good: 75% WOOL, 20% POLYAMIDE, 5% CASHMERE. And a wool coat is really a fab thing, compared to the polyester etc. ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought it and I"m so excited. For $99 it's a steal. Good quality too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the shout out, Anna! I absolutely love my coat, though I have ordered another at the even cheaper price of £50 (will send it back on the original order) - can't believe it's been reduced by so much. But I've had so many compliments about it, I'm so glad I got it. Only thing is: it isn't so good when it's as cold as it is today because of the no-buttons thing :(

    Hope you're well!

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I love re-ordering things when they get even cheaper! I really wanted to keep the coat but I've been doing so much shopping lately that I've had to prioritise and it just didn't quite suit me as much as it did you :(

      Anna X

      Delete
  5. Hi, my name is Maribel, I got it last week here in Barcelona, at the unbelievable price of 29.99 euros!!! I couldn't say no.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks lovely on you,what size did you get,I found it on Asos,but I am not quitse sure about the size

    ReplyDelete

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig